Monday 25 February 2013

Have I lost it..or have I lost myself?



It has been a while, maybe too much since I last painted. Normally when I get the need to paint  my hands get restless, the only thing I can compare it to is when you wake up in the middle of the night and you need to drink,  your throat is so dry it feels like you are about to swallow your tongue.

For some strange reason I haven't felt this way in a while; normally when it has happened before it was a sign  that something was wrong in my life, something missing, something that required a change, something that I needed to do but maybe I was too scared of doing.


Lots of things have happened recently, not necessarily good things, I had to cope with things that go completely against my person and my understanding. Maybe is because I had to behave in a way that is not mine that I have being feeling drained, if it makes sense. I thought I transform this feeling into art, as I would have normally done in the past, so I grabbed a canvas yesterday, converted my kitchen counter into a mini work shop and I just started to drop some colour here&there. It felt good, I was excited again..then I don't know what happened, I lost it! The connection between me&the canvas was gone! I felt devastated, it just wasn't working. Like when you think you have found the man of your life but you catch him cheating on you possibly in your bed!  I just lost it..I lost myself.. I felt so bad, so empty..I threw it in the bin, how sad is that?  That made me feel even worse, where am I? I lost it..or I just lost myself? 


No comments:

Post a Comment