Sunday 15 June 2014

                                 Storm

As the days go by, I acknowledge that everything flows. Like water, everything flows. Everything moves. It doesn't matter how hard things can get, still they will move, eventually everything moves. This time last year, with lots of uncertainties, I decided to move to Oxford, opening a new chapter in my life. Things took a different direction. At the beginning I was blaming myself a lot, now with a clearer mindset I know that even though I have lots of things to work on as a person, it was not meant to be to start with. Things do happen for a reason, and in the majority of the cases we don't understand them at the time they do happen! Yet with time, everything comes to its place, and everything starts to make sense. It took me a while, but I know I am on the right path now. I am full of insecurities, questions, doubts, yet I keep moving to what is supposed to be the calm after the storm. I am a work in progress still, but it's ok. I know now it's ok. I am still a storm, but behind the clouds I see the few shy rays of sunshine. This uncertainty reflects in my art work, and for the past few months I have done absolutely NOTHING, which as an artist makes me feel very ashamed, ashamed of letting life take over me. Since I am coming to terms with this transition, and recently I was subject to lots of emotions, some of them very strong, unexpected and new, today I decided to connect again with my creativity. I used a canvas I tried to paint on a while ago. I wasn't sure of it from the start and left it to wait for me to go back to it for something like 3 months! I could feel it calling me, but every time I was pretending it wasn't trying to talk to me. Today was the day. I had to let go. And I did. And I felt great. I am the storm.

                                  The ignored





                            I am the storm

No comments:

Post a Comment