Wednesday 23 November 2011

Dreaming of Sicily














Where thou art - that - is Home. ~Emily Dickinson


This series of paintings has been inspired by my homeland: SICILY.


I left Sicily 3 years ago; I used to hate that place and the mentality of people, I just wanted to leave everything behind and start a new life...I never understood, instead, how captivated I am by that place..those colours, those sunsets, those scents...I suppose it's true that we appreciate things when we lose them...emotions, more than in any other paintings, guided me in the realization of this series, I have never felt so inspired before...I tried my best to capture that timeless beauty but my paintings don't do justice to it, just who has been there knows what I am talking about...anyway, this is my tribute to Sicily...



No comments:

Post a Comment